The Quran is a Divine miracle of literature, it covers numerous topics including prophecy, science, warnings, wisdom, truths and it has been preserved in the original language for over 1400 years. I believe there are three facts that we have forgotten about The Majestic Quran and they are:
- The Quran is Allah’s speech that is powerful, effective and with a life changing message. It’s incredibly persuasive and authoritative. So, let it water the deep recesses of your brain. Consider your high-definition TV, the technology makes the picture look real, life-like. The industry calls it ‘super clarity’. Whether you stand ten feet away or two feet away, the picture looks perfectly clear – no fuzzy lines or distortion. That’s exactly what the Quran does, it shows us what a successful life looks like.
- The Quran comforts and gives peace of mind in a way that nothing else does; restful, peaceful and meditative. Peace of mind and tranquillity is now more important than ever, especially in our age of technology and social media when we are racing with the world to obtain all of the material goals that we set ourselves or society places in our way.
- The Quran is an easy-to-use guidebook; just try it. The stories are straightforward with a simple wake-up call; the instructions given to follow are easy; the moral values grow your resilience; the spiritual ideals raise your hopes and closeness to the Lord; the social manners enhance your relationships with fellow humans.
Your daily Quran reading plan
When you have such a gold mine, a bag of pearls and a mound of wisdom wouldn’t you love it? By setting goals for yourself you’ll get encouragement to get up in the morning and get satisfaction at night when you put your head on your pillow. Without learning new things, you can’t grow. So, start today by reading The Majestic Quran, and with Allah’s help work towards reading it each day.
Put aside 15 minutes daily for recitation (tilawah) and then read the translation. Ask yourself:
- What is the passage saying to me?
- How can I live according to this teaching?
- How will I monitor my progress?
Do this for a whole week and you will start to notice a change in yourself insha-Allah. If you are struggling with this reading plan, then reduce the time to just 5 minutes a day and build it back up again slowly.
In addition to this daily reading of the Quran, you must pray your daily prayers and do as many charitable works. The calming effect, tranquillity and peace that comes with this time spent reading the Quran will work wonders, especially if it is done early in the morning (after Fajr).