The Majestic Quran is the word of Allah and was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). It is the supreme authority in Islam and the living source of all Islamic teachings. It is a book of guidance that sets out the creed, rituals, ethics, and laws of the religion. It is the most influential book in the history of literature and is recognised as the greatest literary masterpiece in Arabic. The message of the Quran was addressed to all people regardless of their class, gender or age.
The verses below highlight individual responsibilities and their outcomes. Your success in the Hereafter depends on your self-accountability. So, seek Allah’s help and don’t give up, “everyone is held ransom by what they do”. Save yourself and choose determination and action.
Here are some beautiful verses from The Majestic Quran to boost your spirit:
- “Whoever does good works, does so for his own good” (Fussilat:46)
- “Whoever thanks and appreciates others, does so for his own good” (Al-Naml:40)
- “Whoever purifies himself, does so for his own good” (Al-Fatir:18)
- “Whoever works hard, does so for his own good” (Al-Anabut:6)
- “Whoever accepts guidance, does so for his own good” (Al-Isra:15)
- “Whoever is miserly deprives himself of goodness” (Muhammad:38)
- “Whoever fulfils his pledge, Allah will richly reward him” (Al-Fath:10)
- “Whoever commits sin it is on his head” (Al-Nisa:11)
- “Whoever sees Allah’s proofs and recognises them, does so for his own good” (Al-An’am:104)
After reading the above verses, answer these questions:
- What do you understand by ‘for your own good’?
- What do you understand by ‘it is on his head’?
- How would you describe the Quran’s approach to empowering us?
We all go through testing times in life. Accordingly, in such times we are in need of support but the only thing that matters is Allah because He is the only one Who has the authority to empower us to bring us out from calamities and provide us with the strength to deal with the trials and tribulations patiently. We must focus our lives on the Quran and make it a regular practice to recite and understand it and then it will empower us greatly insha-Allah.