In this Friday’s reflection, I reach into the wisdom of our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him), discovering insights that speak directly to the Muslims of today. As we read his prophecies, let’s remember the challenges and hope in his words. These teachings will guide our journey of faith, reminding us that life is a profound test.
As we stand at the cusp of 2023 bidding farewell to it, a year etched with both joys and sorrows, the plight of our brothers and sisters in Palestine, Yemen, Sudan, Syria and beyond – weighs heavy on our hearts. Yet, we must not lose hope.
The Modern-Dajjali Age
As we witness the worldly mirage of deception, no global superpower can champion truth or justice the way our Lord promises. I want to remind you of the power of Allah, and how our faith in these testing times is crucial. The beloved Messenger (peace be upon him) praised the modern Muslims – read this bunch of colourful and fresh flowers spreading fragrance picked from the Prophetic Garden.
“Beware, only Allah’s people will be victorious” Ameen. Now hold this tightly. Islam is the religion of Allah till the end of the world. In the echoes of this reflection, let it be etched in our hearts that only Allah, in His infinite mercy, can dispense justice. As we embrace the coming days, may our hearts resonate with the optimism woven into these words.
Revelations regarding today’s Muslims
I ask you to witness the heartening revelations from our beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) concerning the Muslims of our time.
- Anas ibn Malik reported the Messenger (peace be upon him) said “I would love to meet my brothers”. The disciples asked him ‘Are we not your brothers?’ He (peace be upon him) replied: “You are my disciples, and my brothers (and sisters) are those who will believe in me without seeing me” (Ahmad).
- Abdul Rahman narrates that his father asked the Messenger (peace be upon him), ‘What is your opinion about those who believe in you as the Prophet of Allah but haven’t seen you?’ The Messenger (peace be upon him) replied: “There is good news for them and they are from among us” (Tabarani).
- Anas ibn Malik reported that the Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Give good news to those who saw me and believed, and seven times more good news for those who haven’t seen me yet but will believe in me” (Ahmad).
- Abu Ubaida asked the Messenger (peace be upon him) ‘Is there anyone better than us? Since we believed and stood shoulder to shoulder with you on the battlefield?’ The Messenger (peace be upon him) replied: “Yes there are those who will come after you and they will believe in me without having seen me” (Ahmad).
- Abdul Rahman Ibn Aoula narrated that the Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “During the last days there will be people of my community who will have the reward of the first people, they will enjoin good and forbid evil, and fight those who terrorise others” (Baihaqi).
- Abu Hurairah narrated I heard the Messenger (peace be upon him) say: “If my people are truly committed to their religion they will not be harmed by their enemies” (Muslim).
- Abu Hurairah narrated that the Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “I swear by Allah in whose hand is the life of Muhammad that a day will come when I will no longer be with you, there will be those who would love to see me more than they love their family and wealth” (Muslim).
Dawn of 2024
As we welcome the dawn of 2024, let us hold close to the pearls of wisdom imparted by our dear Messenger (peace be upon him). His teachings, a beacon in our journey, remind us of the resilience and hope intrinsic to our faith. In a world often clouded by strife and uncertainty, these prophetic insights offer a guiding light, reaffirming our commitment to Allah’s path.
Let’s remember that our belief, unseen yet steadfast, aligns us with those blessed by the Messenger’s words. As we traverse another year, may our hearts be fortified by faith, our actions reflect the enjoinment of good, and our spirits be uplifted by the promise of unity and strength in our community. Here’s to a year filled with spiritual growth, unwavering faith, and the pursuit of peace and justice, as envisioned in the timeless wisdom of Islam.